NEW SCARS: Plastic surgeons have for many years found that taping new scars using microporous paper tape applied immediately following suture removal has resulted in a reduction in scar width and thickness. The tape applies sufficient pressure required to support the wound. However, there is more to scar treatment. The inflammatory phase is the initial and most important stage requiring treatment. It is essential that excessive inflammation be prevented during scar treatment to reduce the swelling, redness and pain associated with untreated or badly treated scars. Swelling of the immediate scar area is inevitable as a result of the activity of various cell hormones released in and around the fresh scar. Too much swelling can result in the accumulation of a highly concentrated fibrogen gel that can mature into a thick, dense, binding scar. RégimA scar treatments contain an abundance of renowned wound healing plants including Centella Asiatica being the main one, bulbinella frutescens, natural sulphur etc. Centella exhibits wound healing and anti-inflammatory activities as well as being a strong antioxidant, which stimulates the formation of lipids and proteins necessary for healthy skin. Centella has the ability to influence the inflammatory process in wound healing. A liposomic complex helps carry the powerful Natural ingredients deep into the dermis. Once in the skin the liposomes ‘fall apart’ releasing their valuable load into the cells. Adding to the power of this product is RégimA’s unique form of Elastin. Elastin is a natural protein present in skin. As we age the body’s manufacturing of elastin slows down and drying, sagging and wrinkling of the skin develops making scar healing much slower. Our form of Elastin is not that found in shampoos and conditioners as those molecules are too large to penetrate to the deeper layers of skin (dermis) and would be ineffective as a scar treatment. RégimA’s Elastin is presented in a special micromolecular peptide form (DNA protector), ensuring ScarRepair’s immediate penetration to the dermis, promoting repair and firming of the skin. Our Elastin is synthesized (man-made) by painstaking means (We do not use natural elastin as this is derived from animals and we do not use any animal byproducts within our skin treatments)
OLD SCARS: If a scar is flat, stretched and white this indicates a mature scar and there is little that can be done to improve them other than excision and deal with a new scar. One should note that excision of a scar usually leaves one with a slightly larger scar. This must always be discussed with your doctor. If a scar is pink, purple, lumpy, itchy and tender this indicates an immature, hypertrophic or keloid scar and one can do something about it. If appropriate the scar should be taped with the Scar Repair Complex applied over the top 4 times daily. If it cannot be taped one should massage in the Scar Repair, applying pressure into the scarred area 4 times daily. This should be continued until the scar becomes paler and flatter.
BURNS: Burns must be assessed and treated initially by a doctor. However, once a burn is no longer at risk of infection one may begin to apply Scar Repair to the scarred area 4 times daily to accelerate healing, help prevent hardening and pigmentation of the skin. One may also apply RégimA Laser Gel over the top of the Scar Repair.
STRETCH MARKS New & Old: Stretch marks occur for many reasons and some skins are more susceptible than others. Stretch marks are fine scars caused by tearing in the dermis (living layer of skin). The dermis is where our skin produces collagen and elastin fibres that give it a firmer, younger appearance. The scars occur when skin is stretched to the point of breakdown, like elastic losing elasticity, at which point these tears start to show through the epidermis.
RégimA Scar Repair & Anti-Stretch Complex helps generate new skin cells and repair the damaged scar tissue and helps prevent further stretching. It is an effective repair and preventative treatment, however, obviously the oilier or younger the skin, the more elastic it is and therefore the skin’s response is quicker because it needs less elastic proteins to repair. Therefore the drier and less elastic skin will require more long-term Anti-Stretch treatment. Stretch marks cannot be eliminated completely. However, it has been seen in clinical practice that one can make them look a lot better and proper early care lessens the impact and helps prevent further damage. Our aim is to deeply nourish the skin to start with, penetrate through to the dermis and heal, thicken and re-elastisize. With continued use the skin will become stronger and more elastic, giving one the ability to stretch more without damage. Anti-Stretch penetrates through the epidermis (outer horny layer of skin) down into the dermis regenerating new cells. It is a ‘prevention as well as a treatment’. The healing plants and our special Elastin, work synergistically healing and repairing. We help to eliminate the incessant itching associated with stretch mark development, thus helping in the prevention process. One must allow 2 to 3 months to see improvement, this varying again on the age and elasticity factors.
Ordering & Returns Policy
There are a few important things to keep in mind when returning a product you purchased.You can return unwanted items by post within 7 working days of receipt of your goods.
- Delivery costs are included for UK addresses only
- Delivery via Royalmail “Signed For” service – please provide a delivery address where a signature can be obtained on delivery
- Additional postage fees will be incurred for delivery outside of the UK – we will contact you & quote the additional postage costs;
- Europe typically £8 USA & Australia Typically £15 depending on weight – We will refund your order if you do not wish to pay for the item and the extra shipping
- You have the right to cancel your order and return products unused and in their original undamaged packaging within 14 days of placing your order
- Please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to cancel your order and return it - Returns address Diane Nivern Clinic Ltd 406 Bury New Rd Whitefield Manchester M45 7SX.
- You will be responsible for the costs of returning the product you wish to return
- If you have a complaint regarding the product or experience an allergic reaction to the product please call us on 01617961169 or email email@example.com
- Please bear in mind that our skincare products are cosmeceutical grade – not cosmetic – they have “active” ingredients. Some degree of “downtime”, mild irritation, dryness or flakiness may be experienced and should not be considered as an “allergic reaction” – Please contact us for guidance before returning your product
- In the event of an allergic reaction there must be no more than 10% of product used to be refunded. You must be willing to provide details and photographic evidence of the issue as we are obliged to report skin reactions to the product’s manufacturer
Ship your item back to Us
406 Bury New Road, Whitefield Manchester, M45 7SX, UK
Please remember to ensure that the item you are returning is repackaged with all elements.
Skinade Collagen DrinkDrinking Skinade on a daily basis promotes...
- healthier looking skin
- more even toned skin
- younger looking skin
- increased skin hydration
- reduced appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- more radiant skin
- reduction of cellulite