Key Benefits of Medik8 Bakuchiol Peptides
- Bakuchiol Peptides helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and improve overall skin texture and tone.
- Skin soothing, incredibly calming on the skin, helping to visibly reduce any inflammation and redness. Visibly plumped and supple, the skin is left feeling soft and smooth
- Perfect for Expecting & Nursing Mums – clinically proven alternative to retinol that is ideal for those that can’t use vitamin A – eg when pregnant or nursing* as it is not recommended during this time.
How Medik8 Bakuchiol Peptides works
Bakuchiol is a clinically proven alternative to retinol; while molecularly it has no structural resemblance to retinoids, a recent study by the British Journal of Dermatology has found that bakuchiol is comparable to retinol in anti-ageing effects, and is better tolerated than retinol (read our blog to find out more). It is the perfect alternative for those who cannot use vitamin A. Able to prevent and restore premature ageing, it helps to stimulate collagen and elastin production. Bakuchiol’s ability to minimise melanin synthesis is combined with blocking the inflammatory pathways within the skin, resulting in a visibly calmed and even skin tone.
Brightening peptide precursors penetrate the skin with ease, blocking the production of pigment in the skin, resulting in a visibly brighter, more even complexion with less hyperpigmentation.
Centella asiatica helps to stimulate the production of collagen and is perfect for visibly soothing and calming inflamed, sensitive skin.
Inka omega oil is rich in omegas 3, 6 and 9, and is able to slip into the gaps in the stratum corneum to restore the skin’s natural barrier and block moisture loss. While bakuchiol naturally has short-term photostability, meaning it can be used day and night, the formula has also been optimised for true long-term photostability; contained in a UV-protected glass bottle and infused with photo-stabiliser krameria triandra root extract within the formula.
There are some types of customers who are unable to use vitamin A; such as pregnant and nursing mothers*, those with sensitivities to vitamin A and those with extremely sensitive skin. Bakuchiol is an alternative to vitamin A to complete your skincare regime if you’re unable to use a retinol, retinal or retinoic acid
*Of course, due to ethical considerations the Bakuchiol Peptides formula has not been tested on pregnant women, but there is nothing in the formula which is known to be an issue (eg vitamin A or high levels of exfoliating acids). If you are at all concerned, always consult your doctor.
Retinol Alternative Peptide-Infused Serum
Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Bakuchiol, Krameria Triandra Root Extract, Plukenetia Volubilis Seed Oil, Moringa Oleifera Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Centella Asiatica Leaf Extract, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Flower Extract, Corallina Officinalis Extract, Coccinia Indica Fruit Extract, Solanum Melongena Fruit Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Curcuma Longa Root Extract, Ocimum Basilicum Flower/Leaf Extract, Ocimum Sanctum Leaf Extract, Eclipta Prostrata Extract, Melia Azadirachta Leaf Extract, Melia Azadirachta Flower Extract, Undecylenoyl Phenylalanine, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil.
*Although we try our best to ensure this list of ingredients is accurate there may be product upgrades from time to time, or slight variants between different regions based on local laws, meaning the only definitive ingredient list is that which is printed on the product packaging.
How to Use
Retinol Alternative Peptide-Infused Serum
After cleansing in the morning and evening, massage 6 drops of Bakuchiol Peptides across the face, neck and décolletage.
Ordering & Returns PolicyThere are a few important things to keep in mind when returning a product you purchased.You can return unwanted items by post within 7 working days of receipt of your goods.
- Delivery costs are included for UK addresses only
- Delivery via Royalmail “Signed For” service – please provide a delivery address where a signature can be obtained on delivery
- Additional postage fees will be incurred for delivery outside of the UK – we will contact you & quote the additional postage costs;
- Europe typically £8 USA & Australia Typically £15 depending on weight – We will refund your order if you do not wish to pay for the item and the extra shipping
- You have the right to cancel your order and return products unused and in their original undamaged packaging within 14 days of placing your order
- Please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to cancel your order and return it - Returns address Diane Nivern Clinic Ltd 406 Bury New Rd Whitefield Manchester M45 7SX.
- You will be responsible for the costs of returning the product you wish to return
- If you have a complaint regarding the product or experience an allergic reaction to the product please call us on 01617961169 or email email@example.com
- Please bear in mind that our skincare products are cosmeceutical grade – not cosmetic – they have “active” ingredients. Some degree of “downtime”, mild irritation, dryness or flakiness may be experienced and should not be considered as an “allergic reaction” – Please contact us for guidance before returning your product
- In the event of an allergic reaction there must be no more than 10% of product used to be refunded. You must be willing to provide details and photographic evidence of the issue as we are obliged to report skin reactions to the product’s manufacturer