How does Dermalux LED Light or Phototherapy work ?
While we often associate light exposure with negative effects such as sun damage induced wrinkles and age-spots, “light” also has many positive influences on the body. Light stimulates vitamin D, provides energy and the feel good hormone serotonin. It can also encourage cell growth and collagen rejuvenation.
Dermalux Tri-Wave light-therapy uses light you can see – such as red and blue light and invisible near-infrared. The differences between the positive and negative effects of light are the amount and the parts of the spectrum you’re exposed to.
Different types of light stimulate different responses, so while ongoing exposure to UV is very damaging, controlled levels of near-infrared, blue and red light are clinically proven to be beneficial.
Using cool LEDs to deliver specific types of light can provide that control, helping to maximise their effects.
This treatment is available in our Manchester clinic.
DERMALUX & HEALITE LED PHOTOTHERAPY
Award winning LED phototherapy Dermalux uses three, evidence-based wavelengths of near- infrared, blue and red light which are absorbed into the skin at different levels. The wavelengths provide energy and stimulate a variety of natural processes of the skin such as:
- Activating fibroblasts, which improve the structure of the skin
- Increasing the production of collagen and elastin, which makes skin firmer
- Speeding up the skin’s natural healing and reducing inflammation
- Improving the appearance of spots and reducing bacteria that causes acne
Dermalux uses the highest quality LEDs, expertly aligned helping to deliver each wavelength at a specific, measured energy output, intensity and dose. Uniquely, Dermalux Tri Wave treatment uses leading-edge LED technology, which allows all three wavelengths to be used at the same time. This means you can enjoy enhanced results, while still keeping treatment times to a minimum.
The treatment is relaxing, pain-free and suitable for all skin types with an excellent safety profile. Each treatment lasts approximately 30 minutes and is a pleasant, relaxing experience in which you’re placed under the light.
We can advise on the best combination of light and course of treatment depending on the condition of your skin.
What skin conditions can be improved with Dermalux LED Light Therapy?
- Ageing skin – lines, wrinkles
- Acne – reduces inflammation in blemishes, kills p. Acnes bacteria
- Rosacea and Facial redness, allergic reactions
- Post Procedure – following laser resurfacing, peels, skin needling, dermal filler or lip enhancement
- Dermatitis – face body or hands
- Post traumatic injury – scars, burns, scalds,
- Post Surgical scars – face or body – face lift, blepharoplasty (upper / lower eyelid / eye bag surgery), tummy tuck, hysterectomy, breast implants
- Hair transplant or hair growth stimulation treatment see Hairloss Treatment
From £40 for Body treatment to £55 for facial treatment per 30 min treatment
Most conditions benefit from 2 treatments per week for 3 weeks
Add on to any treatment for £20 supplement